And we are off
For those that follow our blog, you may be aware that on 21st September myself and my two daughters Grace and Hannah took part in the Halesowen Black Country Run to raise funds for Sunfield a local residential and special school based in Clent that supports children and young people aged 6-19 with a variety of complex needs including autism.
Following on from that challenge, I am delighted to announce that today doesn’t just mark the start of December, it also marks the start of my latest and biggest challenge yet which is a 216 day/500 mile run challenge which will form part of the Swinford Graphics on-going commitment to support and raise funds for Sunfield.
About the Challenge
So that you can keep up to date with the challenge, below I am sharing some critical details about it and would be pleased for you to either run with me (on occasions) or come along and independently verify that the terms that I have set myself, have been adhered to.
- The challenge will take place between 1st December 2014 and 5th July 2015 (216 days).
- A schedule of weekly target distances have been set (between 16 and 17 miles per week).
- All runs (with the exception of the last one) will take place in 30, 45 or 60 minute increments at Pure Gym, Level Street, Brierley Hill.
- Only whole miles completed within the given time slots will be counted towards the actual total as will only distances that have been run (No cool down periods/walking distances will be counted).
- The final distance of 6 miles/10 kilometres will be the only run not to take place at Pure Gym and will instead be the 2015 Halesowen Rotary Black Country Run on 5th July 2015 and the aim will be to complete this in less than 60 minutes. My daughters Grace and Hannah will again be joining me on the day and taking part in the 5 kilometre Black Country Run (They can’t do the 10k as they’re under 18).
In addition to the above, we will also attempt to send monthly email updates of progress and you’ll be able to follow our run schedule, training diary and see images of distances covered on my personal Facebook profile and our business Facebook page too, links below.
How you can help
There are a few ways in which you can help or show your support and these are listed below.
- Donations – These can be made directly to Sunfield on their just giving page here
- Run with me – Join me at Pure Gym for one of the scheduled runs or alternatively join up as part of #TeamSunfield for the 2015 Halesowen Rotary Black Country Run, you can do this here
- Become a Corporate Sponsor – Get extra exposure for your business with regular Social Media shout outs for your business and mentions for its valued involvement.
- Follow us on Social Media if you’re not already doing so by clicking the following links Facebook or Twitter .
- Share our updates on Social Media – Please like and share our posts on Facebook and Retweet us on Twitter. After all, sharing is caring and any extra exposure you can afford us for our challenge would be greatly appreciated.
Fundraising and Press
Our fundraising target has been set at £5000 – yes it’s a bold target, i’m aware of that so if we don’t achieve it, we know we will have done our best, so that’s ok. However, please donate! No matter how small an amount you can afford, we will be grateful for every penny and all funds will go towards helping the children at Sunfield. Please remember you can donate here
Lastly, did you see us featured in the Stourbridge News recently? Read the press on the 2014 Halesowen Rotary Black Country Run here
All that’s left to say is thank you for reading and your support.
All the best!