Swinford Graphics Ltd Privacy Notice
This privacy notice explains how Swinford Graphics Ltd collect and process your personal data if you register as a client, purchase our services and products or use our website.
Swinford Graphics Ltd is an independently owned, design and print service company based in Stourbridge, West Midlands. Our number one priority is to provide you with value for money design and print services for your organisation or business.
Who to contact regarding your personal data
We take your privacy seriously. Our Data Protection Manager looks after data protection and would be happy to answer any of your questions about this privacy notice and how Swinford Graphics Ltd uses your data – you can contact them by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01384 441075.
The personal data we collect and process
There are three main ways we process the personal data you provide. We endeavour to keep this information accurate and up to date, and not keep it longer than is necessary.
1. To administer your account as a client of Swinford Graphics Ltd
In order to provide our service effectively and efficiently and to ensure we provide you with the best possible service, we need to collect and process the following personal data when we register you as a client.
|Personal Data Type||How the Data is Collected|
|First Name, Last Name||As part of registering to be a client|
|Address – Business or Home (where applicable)||As part of registering to be a client|
|Phone numbers – Business, Mobile & Home (where applicable)||As part of registering to be a client|
|Email Address||As part of registering to be a client|
This personal data will be used for the following services and purposes:
- To administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us. For example, invoicing, calling to change an appointment, facilitating delivery of goods and to keep a record for legal and accounting purposes.
- To inform you by email of service information about Swinford Graphics Ltd. For example, notification of seasonal opening times or changes to out of hours availability.
2. To send you marketing communications as a client of Swinford Graphics Ltd
We send all our clients the following marketing communications:
- Monthly money saving offers for your business/organisation.
- News information on design and print services offered and how these may benefit your business.
- Information about events Swinford Graphics Ltd are attending and/or exhibiting at.
Clients find these communications useful in administering their own businesses and marketing activities and the opportunity provided to keep up-to-date with what is going on at Swinford Graphics Ltd. They are only sent to existing clients who can opt-out at any time.
The personal data we process for these communications is full name, address, email address and telephone numbers.
We would like our clients to enjoy these communications, so it’s important to note that you can opt-out at any time by:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any marketing communications email.
- Calling our team on 01384 441075.
3. To share with print industry and product delivery related 3rd parties WITH your consent
There will be occasions where we will need to ask for your consent to share your personal data with a 3rd party:
- If you would like your print delivered to your home or a 3rd party address, we will provide them with your name, address, phone numbers and email address to enable them to confirm details or contact to facilitate delivery you should the need arise.
- Swinford Graphics Ltd will not pass on your personal data to any third parties without your consent unless the law requires us to do so. We do not provide any personal data in any circumstance unless it is absolutely necessary for us to fulfil your order/service requirement.
When you use our swinfordgraphics.co.uk website
When someone visits swinfordgraphics.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things like the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Swinford Graphics Ltd uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses (a number assigned to each of your devices connected to the internet by your broadband provider) of visitors to the Swinford Graphics Ltd website.
We provide a contact form on our website and collect users’ personal information to help them complete certain tasks. Each form details the information required and is for general enquiries, once an enquiry has been dealt with, the data is deleted in line with Swinford Graphics Ltd procedures.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
When you meet us at events, enter our competitions or enquire and are not a registered client
The personal data we collect will typically be full name, phone numbers and email address, so that we can contact you regarding the event, competition or enquiry. if you are not a registered client of Swinford Graphics Ltd we will not add you to our client database or send you emails about our products and services unless you request us to or we gain your consent to do so.
The personal data we collect for entry to our competitions will depend on the rules and requirements of the competition, but will typically include your name, email address and phone numbers so that we can contact you about the competition. We will make entrants aware of the specific terms and conditions related to the competition. if you are not a registered client of Swinford Graphics Ltd we will not add you to our client database or send you emails about our products and services unless you request us to or we gain your consent to do so. Once the competition has been completely closed and followed up, the data is deleted in line with Swinford Graphics Ltd procedures.
Disclosure of personal data to our service providers
We may pass on your personal data to service providers contracted to Swinford Graphics Ltd in the course of dealing with you. They act as a data processor on our behalf and are obliged under contract to keep your details secure, and only use them to fulfil the services they provide on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they dispose of it in line with Swinford Graphics Ltd procedures.
How long do we process your data for?
Swinford Graphics Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. In order to comply with our professional liability insurance, we keep and securely store past clients records for seven years. This includes full name, address, email address and telephone numbers, but excludes bank account details.
We will only process your personal data whilst you are a client. After two years of inactivity we will email or call clients to prompt them to see if they wish to remain as a client. If there has been no activity for two years and six months, and no response to our enquiries we will close the client’s account and archive the data.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. Please note that you will need to provide proof of identity – a current passport or driving licence.
You can do that by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01384 441075. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to;
- and let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review – in the event that Swinford Graphics Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below.
We take the processing of your personal data very seriously and are here to help with any concerns you may have. Please do contact the Data Protection Manager at email@example.com or on 01384 441075.
If you are still not happy with how your personal data is being processed by Swinford Graphics Ltd or how your complaint has been handled, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113.